Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ambushed!

For his birthday Carter (7) got a set of motion sensing devices that he can set so that they sound an alarm, light up and even fire darts if activated. To mention that our house has been a danger zone ever since would be unnecessary. There are alarms blaring, lights flashing and darts whizzing constantly.

Since I am cunning and constantly aware of my surroundings, cough, cough I had avoided being the victim, until today. I was undone by my sweet and charming yet deadly 2 year old.

It was nap time and I had put Colby in his bed, prayed with him and left to get his Cd. When I returned and knelt to put the Cd in the player I was hit, nearly in the face with two darts. Like any self respecting mom, I screamed. I was totally not expecting a dart in the face. Colby just laid in the bed laughing and saying, "Shoot Mommy, ha ha ha shoot mommy." I'm glad that someone is happy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colby is thinking "Gotcha"!! FIINNNAAALLLYYYYY!! KR gets a rambunctious, unpredictable, walking the line, fly by the seat of his pants kind of kid. Come on Nicolas keep the focus on Colby, he is your best teacher. Mommy needs more challenges in her life. Everything is way too easy for her. :>)You are the perfect mom KR and I want to be like you when I grow up! Seriously! Your long time friend, LLS of Jonesborough. :>)

Anita said...

I, too, have been the victim of darts in the face (and every where else), not to mention NERF ball shooter things and various other weaponry. Life with many children (especially boys) is a great adventure.

Anita in MS mom to 7 ages 5 months to 24 years and grandmother to two
busyhandsbusyminds.blogspot.com

Kimberly @ Raising Olives said...

MomStarr,

I had to laugh when I read your comment. I'm not allowing you to talk to Nicholas anymore.

You think way too much of me.

Thanks for the comment, miss you all.

Blessings,
Kimberly

Kimberly @ Raising Olives said...

Anita,

Yes the joys of being a mom to boys.

Thanks!

Blessings,
Kimberly

Rachel said...

My charming little princess awakened her mother yesterday with the door to my room flying open and a huge ROAR!!!!!!! Yes, I screamed. Not as bad as darts (to be sure!), but like you said, Kimberly, at least somebody was happy :)

Can't tell you how much I'm enjoying your blog!
Rachel

Kimberly @ Raising Olives said...

Rachel,

I'm laughing at the thought of the door flying and the roar. I love it, so cute. God is so very good to us and gives us so much more than we deserve.

I already have 2 other funny post ideas, thanks to Colby. All happening in the last day or two. I just don't have enough time to get everything down in print.

Thanks Rachel!

Kimberly